Saturday, March 13, 2010



Thing is, none of this is very easy. Although Jeremy has agreed to come here and participate there's still not too much for us to write about. So far we have pulled up the old and overgrown plot, gone out of town for 10 rainy days and returned home to weed covered mud pile (lesson # 1: weeds. grow. back. unless you get them at their deepest roots you are not "getting" them at all). I spent the morning at the garden yesterday doing nothing but looking around. It was early and the crows were out, all the kittens were still sleeping. People are growing the most wonderful things: strawberries, peppers and lettuces, coneflowers that stretch long toward the sun.



Then I went out looking for the perfect seeds and had a picture perfect basket full until I ditched them remembering that there is still so much work to be done. It would be nice to plant some sugar pumpkins but let's be honest - I don't bake... but maybe I can start one summer - just in time for Halloween?... So this is how my thinking goes, instead of taking tiny steps toward something good I'm overwhelmed from the beginning with nothing much but weeds and seeds. Let's go back to begin at A, then follow it with B...move on slowly then from there. When something might be your forever really, what's the rush?

No comments:

Post a Comment